Michael Moore is the man.
Well, not “The Man” (that would be the racist, greedy, loathsome persona he’s tirelessly chasing down), but he is one righteous cat. Damn, it’s refreshing to hear a man speak from his heart—not from the corner of his mouth—while backing it up with facts. If you hadn’t guessed by the title of this entry, I saw ‘Bowling for Columbine’ last night. I’m (almost) at a loss for words, but I’m now provoked and really upset.
Top 10 things that struck me after watching “Bowling…”
10) Work for Welfare is a joke
9) Right wing Christians (or anything else right wing) live a scared life
8) Dick Clark has as much compassion as real skin left on his face
7) If James Nichols had Osama bin Laden’s bankroll… he’d be more dangerous
6) You probably won’t get shot in Canada
5) Marilyn Manson is more intelligent than most of our leaders
4) You can get a rifle when opening a bank account in the US… really
3) I’d probably consume raw sewage before ever working for Lockheed Martin
2) This country was built on fear, violence and oppression. Sounds like a modern day TVlineup, eh?
1) Charlton Heston needs to be put out of his misery… with a rifle
I understood most of these points before going to the movie (except for the part about Dick Clark…what a… dick), but the presentation was worth it’s weight in gold.
I don’t consider myself to be left or right on the political spectrum, unlike the masses that will debate the credibility of this film for the near future—I attempt to formulate my opinions based on the situation, issue and facts at hand. To a righty, that’s the definition of a lefty, and to a lefty, it’s a non-committed vote. To me, it’s the only way to remain sane in this twisted society we live in.
Michael Moore has the courage of a warrior and the conviction to follow up. Thank God. Hopefully, my brother’s documentary gets picked up and he can follow in Moore’s enormous footsteps.